Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Qualified Leaders – Day 2

As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain men not to teach false doctrines any longer nor to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. These promote controversies rather than God's work--which is by faith. The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. Some have wandered away from these and turned to meaningless talk. They want to be teachers of the law, but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm. – I Timothy 1:3-7


For most of us, leading others isn’t on our to-do lists. To be honest, it can be scary to take on the responsibility of leading others. But God always needs good leaders, and he may call you to be the one. God will sometimes choose people who never thought about leading to be the best leaders of all. Saul never asked to be a leader. At his coronation as the first king of Israel, Saul was so scared he hid in some luggage. (Read the story in 1 Samuel 10:17-27). Sounds like some leader, huh? If God calls you to lead, then you need to accept the challenge and not give in to your fear. You may not feel up to the job; but if God calls you, then God will equip you. Trust God and don’t fear!

Do you feel like a leader today? Why or why not?

Pray that God would reveal what may be your role as a leader in the kingdom.

1 comment:

Kimberly Morton said...

I like this devotional!I don't think I'm a leader in my own life though, I wish i could be, but like the devo. says its the fear and responsibility that scares me.
But I will pray that god will help me to strive to become a leader of him.

-Kimberly Morton