Thursday, October 1, 2009

Prayer – Day 3

And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should. - Ephesians 6:18-20


By now, you’ve probably picked up on the fact that the Christian life isn’t just about you; it’s about us. If that’s true, then our prayer lives should reflect that fact. In this passage Paul instructs us to have each other’s backs as we fight spiritual battles each day. We must pray for one another if we want to succeed. Case in point: Paul asked the Ephesians to pray that he’d preach with boldness. Can you believe that? Did Paul really need any help? Apparently he did, and he relied on his church family for that help. In the same way, we need to be praying for our church family every day, asking God to protect us, help us grow, and use us for his glory.

Do your prayers typically revolve around you only?

How can you change that?

Who are you praying for daily?

No comments: