Friday, November 20, 2009

The Unknown God – Day 5


When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling. My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power. - 1 Corinthians 2:1-5


Have you ever started witnessing to someone only to find yourself in a religious debate? It’s frustrating and typically unproductive. We can usually avoid this kind of scene it we stay focused. It not, then we’ll end up talking to people about the problems and consequences or sin without ever getting to the core issue: Their need for Christ. Confronting someone who cheats on his tests without addressing the need for Christ isn’t enough; you point out sin (cheating) but won’t cure the illness (sin nature).

Don’t get sidetracked by secondary issues; instead, make sure the focus is on Jesus. His death on the cross is the answer for all of us. Let Jesus deal with all the issues in his time. We need to stay focused on Christ’s life, death, and resurrection.

When you talk to others about Jesus, do you talk more about his rules or his salvation?

Ask Jesus to help you focus on him as you tell others about him today.

No comments: