Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Unknown God – Day 2

Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings. - 1 Corinthians 9:19-23


You can never put Paul in a box. As soon as you think you have him figured out, he’ll surprise you. Why? Paul didn’t think of himself all that much. Instead, he thought about the people who needed Christ and how best to reach them. He knew that one approach wouldn’t reach everyone, so he decided to keep changing his approach to reach as many as possible. Reaching out means that we start with others, not ourselves. It means you ask yourself, How can I explain Christ in a way they can hear and understand? The answer will most likely be different for almost everyone you meet. But you’ll also find you have a better audience for your message.

Are you willing to go into someone else’s world in order to share the gospel with them – or do you ask them to come into yours?

What would you look like if you became “all things to all people”?

No comments: