Friday, November 27, 2009

A Night’s Vision – Day 5

"You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.” – 2 Timothy 2:1


At one time this was a confusing verse to me. How can grace make you strong? If I need grace, then doesn’t that mean I need help? So how can needing help make me strong? Paul wasn’t protected because he worked harder or was holier than others. He was protected because God loved him. We don’t need to be strong in our own abilities, but rather strong in God’s amazing and unfailing love for us. No matter who you are or what you’ve done, if you’re a believer, then you can be strong in God’s grace instead of trying to do things on your own. And I guarantee it’s easier to live in the grace of God than trying to live life solo.

What would it look like for you to be strong in the grace of Jesus Christ?

Ask God for help to live in his grace and not in our own abilities.

No comments: