Friday, July 17, 2009

Martyrdom Day 5

For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing. (2 Timothy 4: 6-8)


Paul knew he probably wouldn't return from Rome. He'd been saved from death many times, but now God had shown Paul that this would be the end for him. No one ever looks forward to death, but Paul found comfort in this: He'd done his best for God. What an amazing thing to be able to say - that we've fought hard and kept our faith through it all. Paul was by no means perfect; but he'd lived his life for Jesus, and he was prepared to lose his life for him as well.

Have you ever considered how you'll finish?

When God finally asks you to come home, will you be able to say the same thing as Paul did?

If you were to die tomorrow, would you be pleased with your service to Christ?

Imagine what it will be like when God gives you a crown of glory for persevering in your faith.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is Matt,I miss him.

tech said...

same here my friend

Christina Schoenrock said...

I have realized that I am so far from finishing the way Paul has. If I died today I would be ashamed that I did not fulfill the calling God has placed on my life on all of us. Let us not be timid. The Lord our God is going to return for His church, are you ready???!!!!!!!

Dear God make us ready, make us bold, let us not fall into the ways of this world forgetting how important our mission in this life is! Amen