Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Internal Divisions – Day 3

I plead with Euodia and I plead with Syntyche to agree with each other in the Lord. Yes, and I ask you, loyal yokefellow, help these women who have contended at my side in the cause of the gospel, along with Clement and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the book of life. - Philippians 4: 2-3


I know this never happens in your church; but apparently in the Philippian church, some women weren’t getting along. Disagreements are a common – yet costly – problem. When people hold grudges, get angry, or refuse to compromise, they end up spending precious time and energy putting out relational fires instead of focusing on the work God has for them. Satan can’t destroy the church, but he can sidetrack us. Prompting fights between church members is an easy way for him to accomplish that. So if you find yourself in a disagreement with someone at church, make every effort possible to resolve the situation quickly by practicing patience and forgiveness. I know that’s easier said that done, but it’s more important than you know. And we can’t afford to put off the work of God.

Are you in a situation like these two women? Why can’t it be resolved today?

Spend some time praying for wisdom, patience, and a spirit of forgiveness.

No comments: